The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) regulates the veterinary profession. Practices can become accredited under the RCVS practice standards scheme where they must pass a rigorous inspection. Areas include hygiene, health and safety, equipment and delivery of high standards of professional veterinary care.
What does this mean to you as a client?
- Peace of mind for you
- Quality of care for your animals
- Regular inspections of the practice to ensure standards are maintained
The Practice Standards Scheme is a voluntary initiative – not all practices are part of it yet. As a client of an RCVS accredited practice you can be rest assured of a high quality of care throughout the practice.
This practice is proud to be an RCVS Accredited General Practice. It has been inspected to include the following:
- Meeting the core standards including a range of legal and health & safety requirements
- Having in place arrangements for 24 hour emergency cover for patients
- Having a policy to make clients aware of arrangements for checking and monitoring patients if kept in overnight
- Having a system for monitoring the outcome of treatments
- Showing an ongoing commitment to education and staff training
- Keeping premises clean and well maintained
- Having appropriately trained staff for work undertaken
- Having a policy for communicating with clients and looking at feedback
- Meeting standards of care for companion animals